Monday, May 25, 2009

Typical May

I say typical because May has alway been a busy month for our family. In the past Brian and I have played softball and our boys played on various ball teams and our seasons overlapped in May. We lived at the fields for the month. In 2005 we had just moved into our new home in McKinney TX and Ryan was graduating. This year Ben was graduating, my parents were coming for a visit, we had a big church activity and a variety of other activities. Of course now we live in Loveland CO. That does make a difference just ask the Keener's or Brad and Deb Johnson (if you know them) about how life is without your really close friends and family just down the street. I am not complaining just stating a fact. Brian and I are really drawing closer to those in our small group and building deeper relationships every week.

Ben did graduate this past Saturday, May 23rd. It's amazing how different a graduation service is when there are only 25 students in the class. It seemed very personal. Speaking of Ben, we went for the hearing test on the 13th. The doctor said that his hearing is twice as good as it was. Also, his eardrum has healed completely, not even a small hole. Go God! We are very thankful. Ben has chosen to take a year off before he enters the Air Force. Of course no parent wants to hear their child say "I want to take a year off" no matter what it pertains to. I am really okay with it though. I know that God has a plan for Ben and Ben has a heart for God, that's really all that matters.

As I have said many times before, if you are coming to Colorado and need a place to stay please call us. We have several friends that are coming this summer so let us know and we will put you on the calendar. Hope to see you soon.

Love and miss you all,

Karen

4 comments:

Massey Bunch said...

I may have to get on that summer schedule!
Congrats to Ben...can't wait to see him and you all!

Angie said...

Tell Ben I read it!! Congrats to Ben and all the best as he "takes a year off"! I'm really glad to know that you are at the same church as my dear friend, Bebe. And, of course, I do know what you mean about missing your friends. We can always make new friends, but they can never replace old, comfortable friends. But God is good and gives what we need when we need it. Tell the fam hello!

Cheri Pullen said...

Now that a google account is not required.

I'm so glad everything is working out so very well for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Ben! Ethan's isn't until 06/12.
Look forward to seeing ya'll.
Kat