Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April Update

Hey Friends,

I know, I know, I am behind in updates. Obviously, I have been busy. I wouldn't ignore you on purpose.

While I miss my Texas friends terribly, I am making new friends here in Colorado. Mostly at church, what better place. I am learning that I have to be very purposeful. I am going to start calling couples and inviting them out to eat or over to play games. Maybe I will go way out on a limb and invite some other ladies to a chick flick. Those who know me well know that I never like to do anything alone. I really hate talking to myself. Who knew?

Our church, www.crossroadscolorado.com, is doing something really cool this Saturday. We are going out into the community and doing whatever we can to help. Some are painting an elderly persons home, some are building a ramp for a disabled veteran, even others will be doing yarwork for a single mom and that is only a sampling of the projects. It's called Project One and we do this every year. We have 117 projects to tackle. We are just taking Christ into our community. As of last Sunday over 1200 people had signed up. At the end of the day we will have a conclude with a celebration service and BBQ. We haven't even started and I already feel blessed. Please pray for us and those we come in contact with. Oh, there is another benefit - I get to meet new people - heaven!

Ben will be graduating on May 23rd so this is a busy month and it hasn't even begun. We went back to the ear doctor two weeks ago. His ear is healing nicely. We have a hearing test on May 13th. This will tell us whether or not he will be able to pass the physical to enter the Air Force.

As I was typing this Ben asked me if my blog shows how many times it has been viewed. I told him no and this is what he said "then how do you know if anyone is reading it". I took a little offense at that. He thinks he is so funny. Here's how we can fix his little red wagon. When you read this please post a comment. Then I will show him my thousands or maybe hundreds of comments. We will show him.

Brian has spent the week in NYC with our boss, Joel Comm. They have been talking to various media outlets about Twitter and Joel's book, "Twitter Power". I can't wait for him to get home and tell me all about the things he has gotten to see and do. I just found out that he is going to get to see "Wicked" on Broadway tomorrow. Wee bit of jealousy coming out, sorry.

Well, I won't ramble on any longer. I want you to have time to enter your comments.

Hope you are seeking His blessings always.
Karen

7 comments:

Manny Sanchez said...

We'll show Ben... maybe. Nice read and I had the same feeling when I saw Brian's pic of Wicked.
I saw "The Wiz" on Broadway 30 years ago.

Rachael said...

You have another reader! Yay for Project One and our awesome church!! Hopefully we'll get to see you there tomorrow.

Amy said...

Brian linked me to your site, hope you are adjusting well to CO. Sorry i can't see you guys in TX this trip. If it makes you feel better you can tell him I went to Wicked in London last week :). SOunds like your church is really making an impact on your community. Thats really awesome. God Bless

Heather Miller said...

I love your blog!! It brings me closer to 2 things I really like... you AND Colorado! My brother moved to Co. Springs 2 weeks ago...talk about being jealous!! Lauren loved seeing 'Wicked' in Dallas 2 years ago. i hope next Saturday is a day that many seeds of Christ's love are planted!

Carolyn Russell said...

I love getting your updates - even though I just talked to you last week. I'm glad to hear that all is well and that you are going to be more intentional about getting together with more people. Miss all of you here in Texas.

Massey Bunch said...

Of course you have readers! When we don't get to see you or talk to you regularly this is the best way to find out what's going on!
We really need to talk more often!
Miss you and love you!

Unknown said...

Ben, Ben, Ben... When will you ever learn?! You're mom and dad really do have friends who love them, miss them, AND read the blog!!